Friday, April 27, 2012

Running for Beer?

This weekend I have committed myself to running 5 miles in the Cherry Creek Sneak.  This will be my second run this year.  Preferably, I would have liked to have signed up for the 5k instead of 5 miles, but my girlfriends were very persuasive so now I'm in for it!  One of the things I love about doing these are the t-shirts and beer.  Wrong reasons I know, but there's something really cool about having a free beer afterwards and then bragging about it with the t-shirt.  Ok, so that is not the only reason I love doing these.  Honestly, these are hard and I'm not exactly in tip top shape yet, but the overwhelming pride I have after one is indescribable and irreplaceable!

So now that I have confessed that I'm not exactly in shape for a 5 mile run, I might as well share how I have been preparing to run at least some of it.  I really love my Iphone!  It provides so many great Apps and tools to help me get ready.  I'm so addicted to C5K.  Its a great tool to help me gradually increase my distance.  Some days, it's horrible and I just want to start from the beginning and only run 1 minute intervals, but in the name of progress I must keep going.

As you can see, I'm only on week 2, but still making progress!


Well, wish me luck on my run!  I can't wait to report how I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment