Thursday, April 26, 2012

Food for Thought

One of the things I love about making better choices and following Weight Watchers are the food choices I have.  Really, I can eat whatever I want as long as it's in moderation.  But along with that, they teach me how to make smarter choices without feeling deprived.  Believe it or not, I feel as if I'm eating better now on Weight Watchers, than before.

To help put things in perspective:

From the Weight Watchers Web Site

Both of these are the same amount of calories, but on Weight Watchers, the egg, toast and ham are less points?  Why?  Because your body uses more energy to process proteins, which is why protein is such a critical choice when trying to lose weight.

So, taking this picture to heart, I now eat 1 egg, 2 slice of toast with a little butter, and 2 pieces of canadian bacon every morning for breakfast.  I feel so spoiled and I stay full much longer.  This just shows how easy this is going to be for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment