Saturday, May 26, 2012

This is it!

This week has been such a whirlwind!  On top of working President Obama's function and seeing him speak and working almost 50 hours in 4 days, I also came one step closer to picking a wedding venue.
I'm so excited because my mom and I are starting to get more on the same page, which is important since she and I are splitting the costs.  I want to have a wedding that John and I will not regret, but I also want to consider what my mom wants since she is also investing so much of her own money into it.
Let me clear the air and tell you that we are doing so much to keep the wedding below $10,000, which for those of you have have planned a wedding know that is considerably cheap.  One of the problems with that is finding a good venue.  The cheaper you go, the cheesier the venue is.  At times it gets frustrating, because in our eyes, we're still spending a lot of money for a place, so it's no wonder that were 6 months later from the first venue and we still haven't signed with anyone.  But, yesterday we sat down, decided what was important to us and decided it was worth an extra $1000 to upgrade on our venue.  This allows me to revisit my first choice!

Fossil Trace Golf Course



 
The views are gorgeous every which way you look.  They did a great job with their tree placement, as they block the views from the Coors factory and apartment complexes.  You also get a beautiful view of Table Mountain, and since we were not able to find a mountain venue in our price range, this is the next best thing.  Another great selling point is that it is on a golf course.  John and I are huge golfers and I think having our wedding at a golf course will make this more memorable.  It helps that they take us around the course in a golf cart so that we can take pictures at different holes (we definitely plan to take our clubs as well so we can get some fun golf pictures in our wedding attire).
We haven't officially booked the venue yet, so I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high, but I have a good feeling that this is it!

No comments:

Post a Comment