Tuesday, May 15, 2012

3rd Times a Charm!

Losing my running buddy yesterday was a little bit of unfortunate timing.  That's because I'm doing the Colfax 5k on Saturday, and having Mila out of commission will make it harder to train this week.  First, I really love running with Mila, not only does it help get out her crazy Boxer energy, but it's great to run outdoors and it's great to have that bonding time with her.  I could run with Miles, but he doesn't have as much energy and doesn't seem to enjoy it as much as Mila does.  It also doesn't help that he overheats easier than Mila too.  I could go running out on my own, but it's important to me that someone is always home with Mila to help ensure she doesn't rip out her stitches, especially in the first couple days.  I guess for now, I will just have to do my workout videos until I feel comfortable leaving her alone.
I'm really excited for the 5k.  I'm really enjoying this running thing!  I love telling my friends and coworkers about it, I love even more how impressed they all get.  This will make my 3rd race this summer and I'm so proud of myself for doing it. As I said for the last race, the free beer and t-shirt does help me get through the race, but there's just so many benefits of doing it!


 I can't wait to report how I do, and I really hope I can shorten my time even more!

2 comments:

  1. If I weren't getting my wisdom teeth out on Friday I might join you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I was really hoping you could join! Good luck with the surgery! I hope it goes as painless as it can

    ReplyDelete