Saturday, October 13, 2012

Shellac it up!

For the last month I have been really trying to take good care of my nails to help them grow.  I have horribly brittle nails.  Combine that with my labor intense job and you get impossibly weak nails.  They look bad, they feel bad.  They are all around bad. 
I started to paint my own nails to help them look better.  Having paint on them really helped me not bite them and I was also more conscious of how rough I was with my nails.  They began to grow really nicely.  The only problem is how quickly my nail polish would chip.  I felt like I was painting my nails every single day.  I even tried to buy good nail polish in hope that I could go a couple more days before repainting.  Well, the good stuff was just as bad.
After talking to a couple co-workers, they recommended that I try Shellac.  It's a gel like nail polish that not only helps keep your natural nails stronger, but the polish is guaranteed to not chip for up to 2 weeks! 
After a long time thinking about it, I finally headed to the salon with a girlfriend of mine, and here are the results:


I think they did a great job!  I love the color, I love the last minute flower I added and I love that the whole process was painless.  My friend did acrylics and she walked away complaining of the pain.  She even admitted that she wish she had tried the Shellac too!
I love that this won't chip and I love that it doesn't ruin your natural nails!

Of course, no nail salon visit is complete without a little pedicure pampering!


Have you had success with Shellac?

No comments:

Post a Comment