Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Because 2 is Better Than 1


I just recently rejoined Weight Watchers and so far I'm having tremendous success.  I'm not only 4lbs down, but I'm more motivated to get active, eat all of my fruits a veggies and drink my full recommended amount of water.  I'm so motivated and so excited!

I love having a huge community on the Weight Watchers website.  I love reading about peoples success and all of their ideas.  Through it it has made me realize how much I would like a buddy through all of this.  So yesterday I went to a friend of mine who also struggles with her weight and asked her to join with me.  She and I always talk about the latest weight loss trend and what were doing to get active, but neither of us have really had success, and when we do we get sidetracked and then gain it all back.  So I was a little surprised at her hesitation and her ultimate no.  When I presented it to her she said that she didn't believe in it.  What?  Not believe in Weight Watchers?  She then backtracked and said that wasn't true, because her sister had lost 60lbs on Weight Watchers.  She just didn't think Weight Watchers was for her because she wanted faster results and didn't think Weight Watchers could get her there in time for her vacation.  I understand her "desire" for faster results, but in the 2 years that we have been friends I have seen her do these drastic diets that brings her 30lbs down in 2 months, only to have her gain it all back and then some.

So, now my question would be, why are we so fixated on fast weight loss when we know it's not a permanent fix?  Yo-Yo dieting is such an ugly trend!

No comments:

Post a Comment