Thursday, February 16, 2012

How far I have come

Just like many others, I used to be a really healthy person.  I was that high school girl who watched what I ate and was guaranteed to be found at the gym after school- and if you couldn't find me there, look next door at the local swimming pool where I would also swim laps after every workout.

When I hit the 170lb mark last October, the 173lb mark to be exact, I decided to make a change, like so many times before.  Except this time it felt different, this time I didn't give myself a choice.

I immediately went back to the basics, eat less, eat smarter and work out harder.  I started taking in more protein and healthy carbs.  I also started going to the gym more.

Today, I am 155lbs.  That's almost 20lbs lighter than I was 5 months ago.  I have also lost 3.5 inches off of my hips, which is way farther than I thought I would be at this point.  I'm definitely not perfect and I still have my eat bad days.  I also realize that I constantly need to revamp what I do to continue to get results, but with these results its always worth it.

This is my journey.  My journey of being healthy and learning to love myself in the process.



No comments:

Post a Comment